A trip to Japan is fascinating. Its rich culture and ancient traditions are elegant and enchanting. Whether you're on vacation or traveling on business, you'll want the local language in your pocket and JAPANESE a language map® is the answer! This unique guide will cover all your language needs. There's even a section for the essential Japanese signs you'll see during your travels, making it easy to find your way around. With the Japanese language at your fingertips, you'll be comfortable making reservations and dining out. Being polite by saying "please" (kudasai) and "hello" (konnichiwa) will be easy and fun.
Now with a new section, "Phone, Mail and Internet," you'll have the words for laptop, tablet, SIM card and more. You won't miss a beat sharing your stories online with friends and family. Finding an internet cafe, free wifi, or an adapter for your mobile devices will be so much easier with JAPANESE a language map® in your bag. Light-weight and durable, take this Language Map® everywhere you roam—from the bustling Ginza in Tokyo to the beautiful Snow Festival in Sapporo.
- The only easy-to-use, portable language guide with a quick snap-open and fold design.
- Provides immediate access to the essential words needed while traveling—no flipping through pages, waiting for an internet connection, or dealing with dead batteries.
- Hundreds of words and phrases you'll need most.
- Divided into key categories such as Asking Questions, Dining Out, Meeting People, Shopping, Telephone, Internet, Sightseeing, Transportation and much more.
- This edition features a brand new "Phone, Mail and Internet" section for today's tech-savvy traveler.
- Pronunciation is easy with simple phonetics.
- Light as a feather (under two ounces) and ultra-thin (barely 1/8" thick), it's effortless to carry.
- Rugged, laminated and waterproof, it's indestructible, outlasting splatters of broth from the perfect bowl of ramen or trips to the Ginza for adventures in shopping.
- Folds up like a map to slip easily into your pocket, bag or backpack.
- Full color, original artwork.
- Contemporary content for today's traveler to Japan.
- Special section to quickly decipher Essential Signs written in kanji.
- Publisher: Bilingual Books, Inc.
- Author: Kristine K. Kershul
- Language: Japanese for English speakers
- ISBN-13: 978-1-931873-83-3
- Edition: Second
- Publication Date: November 1, 2014
- Series: Language Maps®
- Format: Paperback
- Product Dimensions: 4 x 10½ inches
- Category: Travel, Foreign Language Study
- Available: Canada, from Raincoast Books
United Kingdom, from Gazelle Book Services